Thursday, May 7, 2009

National Day of Non-Prayer: The Messiah Opts Out.

So who do you pray to when you're 'the Anointed One'?

The REAL Messiah prayed to his heavenly Father--on a constant and continual basis.  When his disciples implored him, Lord, teach us to pray, Jesus didn't respond by saying, 'Pray? How should I know how to pray? I've never prayed before. Frankly, I've never had to pray, because, frankly, I've always had people pray to me, because, frankly, I and the Father are one. Before Abraham was, I AM!'  

No, rather, Jesus gave them (and us) an everlasting template for true, spiritual prayer. "When you pray, say, Our Father, who art in heaven,..."

Thus the humility of the true Messiah is revealed, and the audacity of the false messiah revealed!

Pray for our acting president.  His soul is in grave spiritual danger. He may fancy himself (as so many around him, around the country and around the globe do) a "deliverer."  But he himself is in need of deliverance.  

The "change" he needs is a changed heart and a changed life directed by the person of "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever" (Heb. 13:8) and the spirit of the unchanging God (Mal. 3:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment